Monday, August 24, 2009

DEFCON- H1N1

Does anyone get the title of my post? It was my attempt at being humourous...personally it made me giggle when I thought of it.
So when there is a security threat against our country, and the alert status is heightend to DEFCON-1, our country might begin to mobilize weaponry such as this:



BUT when a school superintendant calls and leaves a message on a Mom's voice mail explaining the threat of the new H1N1 virus (aka....swine flu) a Mom's paranoia status is raised to "DEFCON-H1N1"...and she begins to mobilize weaponry such as this:


Anyway, I bought these little germ blasters just last week, and seeing as I have already used half the bottle I am thinking that I am going to first buy stock in the company...and second, find a way to dip my little darlings in a vat of this stuff before sending them into the war zone (aka.....school). I have come to hate the phrase...."should your child begin to exhibit flu-like symptoms". My kids have learned to dart away from my hand as it reaches for their forehead. I can't help it...how else will I know if they are "exhibiting flu-like symptoms"?????? I am just going to have to go ahead and pray for their protection but in addition I think I might make a suggestion about an addition to the school's curriculum....such as Coughing and Sneezing Into the Crook of Your Arm or Hand Washing 101. What do you think? Anyone?


3 comments:

Two Moms on a Mission said...

Your post is really funny. Check out my post on this exact subject tomorrow. Once you read it a couple of those missiles will go off.

Family American Style. said...

Hey, that post was from me. I'm sure you figured that out. I was trying to fix our blog.

Cherry Tree said...

You are hysterical, but I totally agree about your concerns. I just mentioned on FAS that I am TRYING to keep my worries in check. We seem to always be the ones who get sick each winter, but not really from the flu since we get our flu shot. Let's just keep scrubbing those hands and squirting the sanitizer! I am hoping the cold/flu season will be less than what they are anticipating...fingers crossed!