Tuesday, August 25, 2009

FIRST DAY!!!!











I sent my two baby girls to the first day of school yesterday and although that is noteworthy...what is more absolutely unbelievable is that I sent them on the....BUS!!!! I have been taking care of these chickadees 24/7 since they weighed less than 10 lbs.. How in the world did I work up the courage to watch them drive away with no child safety seat-no seat belt-no one to make sure they keep their wits about them-no one to worry about their every move? I cried when the bus pulled away. I couldn't help it. It just happened. A mother's love is the most indescribable thing and I feel privileged to have gotten to experience it.

Needless to say it all worked out. They had a great day and couldn't wait to go back. I had a hard time explaining to Binks that she had to stay home for the next four days while Beans went to school. The stagger start theory is wonderful but try explaining it to a 5 yr. old who loves her teacher and her new found indepence. Oh well!

I had a lovely day today with Binks. I woke up dying to spend time with her since I would be losing her for good come Friday. We did household chores together and then we went to the library. My patience was inexhaustable. I was just loving being with her. We spent the rest of the day reading books and playing around the house.

I treasure my children and although they do not need me as much anymore, in the physical sense, I know that in the coming years I will be needed ten times more to aid in shaping their inner character and world view. I am preparing for these years because I know I have to be up to this huge responsibility.

Glad to know I'm not unemployed........yet!

2 comments:

Family American Style. said...

They are so cute and they look so happy. You always have them dressed to the T. The bid discussion in our house right now is Connor riding the school bus.

Cherry Tree said...

Your girls look adorable, as always! Good luck tomorrow when they are both away!