Saturday, October 3, 2009

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME !!

OK Bloggy Friends...I've been absent for a quite a bit. The whole sicky thing put me way behind and my "to do" list grew to an enormous size. I think I'm caught up now. I actually had quite a relaxing day today. Binks went to Grandma's house and Beans went to an all day Missions Jamboree at our church. I ran a couple of necessary errands and then when that started to bore me I did what any woman who had been trapped in the house for 2 1/2 weeks with a sick 5 and 6 year old would do....

I HIT THE MALL!!!!

I started at Gymboree (of course) but then I began my quest for the perfect pair of jeans for myself. The capris will not cut it much longer. Who in their right mind would go to a Pumpkin Patch in capris?? I needed to find a pair of jeans that would fall just right over the perfect pair of wedge heels but were also short enough to wear with flip flops. I needed to find a pair of jeans that were not high waisted "mom" jeans but were high enough so that my unmentionables would not show when I bent over to tie my kids' sneakers.

I found a good fitting pair of Liz Claiborne Chelsea Jeans that were priced just right...but unfortunately, I fell in love with a pair of Levis that were called "Curvy Boot Cut" and were NOT priced just right. I made the decision to get the Levis, based on the fact that they made my junk-in-the-trunk look fairly good, while at the same time not allowing any of said junk to show when I bent over. Hooray!!

So I then moved on to purses, jewelry, a cute black sweater and of course what I thought was an awesome PAIR shoes! Go ahead take a look...YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!



Yes, I am the only woman on the face of the earth that tries on one shoe, says I'll take them, and then gets home, proudly models them for her step-daughter, and discovers that she has indeed purchased a giraffe for one foot and a zebra for the other. Only me friends.....only me...

It was actually great comic relief. Miss T and I fell over, dying of laughter. After we dried our tears we both looked at each other and yelled BLOG POST!!
I hope this ends my dry spell. I hope to be back sharing the good the bad and the UGLY------> Did you see those pair of shoes??

Talk to you Soon.

2 comments:

Cherry Tree said...

Glad you are back...I have been checking to see what's been up. The shopping sounds great..I should probably go spend some time doing that myself. Too bad about the shoe mix up, but you still had a pretty nice pedicure! Love the color on the toes!

Family American Style. said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny. I looked at the shoes before I read the post and thought.... Why did she buy a pair of shoes that don't match. Toooooo Funny.