Wednesday, September 23, 2009

SURVIVING THE SWINE

WARNING!!!This is going to be a really bad post. I am so sleep deprived I can't think straight. I have been up every nite doing some form of caretaking...whether it be cold rags on a hot brow, holding a bucket for someone, mopping up spilled gatorade, administering medication, or swiping the temporal atery thermometer across someone's forehead for the FIVE THOUSANDTH PARANOID time.

YES!!! My two babies have the dreaded H1N1 virus. I can't believe it. There are no weapons that have proven strong enough to hold back this nasty flu. We couldn't hold out long enough for the vaccine to be available but I have this sick glass half full thought running through my head. Whew! I'm glad it happened early on...we will have immunity this winter when everyone else if falling prey..its over with..one of my fears came true...I can now get on with my life! (I told this post was going to be bad).

We took Tamiflu. It took 7 days, but my youngest is back to school. My first grader is still fevering on but is doing pretty well. She is bummed to miss her Johnny Appleseed Festival but is sure thriving on a steady diet of Disney Channel and video games.

Mama R is on the other side of frantic worry now, and is already envisioning her jail break. The gym has never looked so good. The need for aimless wandering in the mall and senseless spending is becoming overwhelming. I have devoted myself to the munchkins but am now ready to devote myself to selfish pursuits.

But seriously, I am thanking my Lord that he is all powerful and that he protects my family and keeps them In His Hands. I know that he is the Great Physician. He knew that my babies would get sick and that my babies would get well. It incovenienced me...I had to cancel a much awaited trip to Orlando..I had to cancel appointments and school and extracurricular activies..and I had to stay in my house for more than a week...BUT there is a reason and a purpose for all of this. I can rest in the peace that my God is sovereign and my God is in control.

God is in control but it is up to me to exercise the free will he allows in each of our lives. In this case, it is up to me to take care of myself and exercise my free will to go to bed on time. Go to sleep R..get off the computer R...rest up R..tomorrow may prove to another wild ride!

Good Night!!!

3 comments:

Cherry Tree said...

WOW! I have been wondering if you all were better yet, and it sounds like it's been a long road to get there! Hope you are able to get some rest now...did you get it too, or just the kids?

Family American Style. said...

I have something for you on my blog

Family American Style. said...

Sorry!! The post I wanted you to see didn't post. Hop on over and see what I have for you.