Thursday, September 17, 2009

BIBLE PRESENTATION

Beans got her first real bible this week! Up until now she has had bible storybooks but when you enter the first grade two milestones happen. You are now old enough to sit through "big church" and you receive your first NIrV (New International Readers Version) bible. This past Sunday, in front of the congregation, Pastor Tim presented Beans with her bible. She was so excited and proud.


She has been practicing looking up Chapter and Verse all week. She is trying out all the names of the Bible and the pronunciations are downright hysterical. I believe my favorite was "Germy" for Jeremiah. When I can't find her in the house and I ask her where she's been she just says, "Oh, I was reading my bible. I needed some quiet time." I think its great. I hope she keeps her heart for Jesus.

Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6 (NIV)

2 comments:

Cherry Tree said...

That is so sweet. She must have been so excited! I remember when I was given my first Bible...I had just graduated from Kindergarten at a private Christian school, and our graduation gift from the teacher was our own Bible. It was presented with our diploma. Since the class was so small (only 6), each of us had a different colored leather-bound version. Mine was white, and I remember doing the very same thing as Beans...taking it and reading it all on my own, as best as I could. What a great memory for her and you!

Family American Style. said...

That is precious. She looks so cute holding her Bible.