Wednesday, September 2, 2009

SHE'S FIGURED IT OUT!!



Thought I would participate in Marianne's blog carnival over at http:\\familyamericanstyle.blogspot.com .

Beans has officially figured it out!! She has tried many tactics over the past 6 years in order to get what she wants. She has been scratching her head lately...hmmm she thought.."I have to pull out the big guns..it seems Mama is developing a backbone and my whining and fits don't work anymore".....and then....she did it.....she laid on the GUILT. Why wouldn't she? She sees it working on Mama everyday of her life in different aspects. Well, she thought she would try it on for size. Here is what happened:

I have to preface this story be saying that I have been spending more time away from the kids than I ever have before. I have more obligations outside of the home and they have been noticing it. They have even noticed that Mama had the audacity to actually go away for a weekend with her girlfriends. MAMA'SGIRLSWEEKEND was one filthy word to them.

Anyway, I had to go to a church leadership meeting one night and Beans was pleading with me not to go. She wanted me to do books and tuck in (sometimes her older sister can rush through these processes). She kept telling me not to go, over and over and over again, until finally.....

She says to me "Mom, you do not need to take care of other people. You need to take care of me!". Then....for the grand finale....she turned around and said, "Hey Mom! Its them....or me. Which one?"





Nuf Said....the girl has learned the age old art of GUILT.

4 comments:

Family American Style. said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is so funny. She is so smart. Girl.... You have your hands full. You know how most moms have to stay one step ahead of their children, it sounds like you will have to stay a couple of steps ahead.

Kim said...

Stopping by from Marianne's. Your daughter can sure lay the guilt trip. I am sure it wasn't funnny when it happened but it does make for a great stroy.

Cherry Tree said...

This is a great story, and I love the "attitude" that goes with it--it even comes through in the picturs. Seriously, Mom, which did you choose? Love the hat!

HeatherOz said...

Such a cute smartie pants! They know how to figure us out!