Monday, September 7, 2009

I'LL TAKE THAT "STEP"

I'm technically a Grandma...a "step" Grandma. The title doesn't come with all the access and privilege that most Grandma's have but I'll take it. My 21 year old stepdaughter, K , had a baby last year. She is a cutie patootie. I don't see her often but she is a sweet little girl. She may not have the advantages that Beans and Binks have had but she carries the same innocent spirit that all childeren start off with. This is a spirit that God cherishes and that we should strive to protect fervently. I hate that the world has to intervene and blemish such purity. Here is a picture of (The Babe):



She stayed just long enough to eat a cheese quesadilla, some Mandarin oranges and put more than one Fisher Price Little People in her mouth. My girls were thrilled to have her over and couldn't understand why she didn't stay longer. I am excited to see her grow. I hope some day she will feel comfortable enough to come see me, sit at my kitchen table and talk to me about what's going on with her. I hope that we can take that "step" towards a great relationship that both of us will treasure.




2 comments:

Family American Style. said...

She is so adorable. Love the group picture

Cherry Tree said...

The Babe is so precious, as are all of your girls. I remember when she was born, which doesn't seem that long ago, and she is already an older baby...not an infant anymore! Wow! Time really does go by so quickly! Great pictures!