Friday, September 4, 2009

TO SPIN OR NOT TO SPIN...

Who else out there got the sudden urge to "get their workout on" now that the kiddies have returned to school? I don't know how long it will last but I am going with this new found enthusiasm I have.

Well..I was so enthusiastic that I found myself accepting a girlfriends invitation to a spinning class at our local gym. (For those of you who are conjuring up all kinds of weird images when you think of the term spinning...it is just a quirky name for cycling..on stationary bikes that is.)

Anyway, naive little dough girl that I am..I went to spinning class..in the pitch dark, with Guns-n-Roses blaring. I actually enjoyed the whole atmosphere thing. It kind of made me feel youthful, in a rebellious sort of way. The thing I didn't like, was the very real and non-youthful muscle pain that came with this, oh-so-interesting sport. Okay...I have to be Frank and Ernest here..yes, my quads were burnin' so bad I wanted to scream..BUT, the thing that hurt the most was (excuse the terminology), my BUTT!! The seat is too small and hard and tilted for anyone of adult size and weight but I am assuming the whole point is to get us off our backsides and into various other awkward and excruciating positions.

To sum it up. I came, I pedaled and I built up enough lactic acid to keep me hobbling for the next couple of days...BUT...I will go back. I have to go back. I cannot pass up the opportunity to profusely sweat, cringe with pain and practice my best head banging moves while going absolutely nowhere.

3 comments:

HeatherOz said...

I HAVE recently had the urge to start exercising! I stopped exercising soon after I got pregnant with my daughter. Shhhh! It's been about a year and a half. I exercised last Saturday and told myself I would keep it up. Nope! I lied to myself!

Cherry Tree said...

I like the "while going no where" part--Too funny! You should be proud of your efforts and I hope you continue to have your enthusiastic and motivated state of mind! It whenever I get in that zone, mine doen't stijk around long. :)

Cherry Tree said...

major typos above---sorry, guess I'm not awake yet